Monday, May 28, 2007

Good girl gone B.A.D.




Yesterday I participated in the B.A.D. Ride. That is an acronym for Bikers against Despair. This is the 10th annual B.A.D. ride and my first one. The ride is aimed at raising money for the Distress Centre in Toronto which provides telephone access to anyone feeling depressed, anxious or suicidal. This year we raised $200,000 for the centre.

I donated a two CDs that I produced, the first called "Serenity Relaxation and visualization" and the second "The Sky's the Limit - the Power of Beliefs". In addition, I donated two hours of my coaching. The package was put together and auctioned off in the silent auction. I bid on a comedy show for 4 and dinner for 2 and won the package. I love being able to contribute and receive all in the same day.

I also took many pictures that you can have a look at : http://www.iris.smugmug.com/ and then pick the B.A.D. Ride 2007 highlights to have a look.

No comments: