Tuesday, May 1, 2007

It's time!

After many years of being single.....6 to be exact, I met the love of my life. He is part of my motorcycle group and I had met him once for about 5 minutes at a bike rally with really no sparks for either one of us.

About a month later, he sent out an email to the group suggesting to anyone who wanted, to drop by after the ride for a dip and swim in his pool. I was about to go up to my sister's pool but never heard a final ok from her - although I knew it wouldn't be a problem. For no apparent reason, I called him and told him I'd drop by and drove over. We spent over 6 hours talking about anything and everything.

Over the next two weeks, we spent a few more evenings together and spent every moment sharing experiences and talking about 'stuff'. After that, knowing that he had been separated for 3 years without dating, I knew I had to take the the next step. I asked if he would consider exploring this relationship beyond friendship. He did! The rest is history.

Last week he moved in with me and my two young adult children. We have worked hard to get his placed packed up and making room in my place for his stuff. He is awesome. He adores me and would do anything for me. This week is my opportunity for me to do my part for him. He had a surgical procedure yesterday and it's my turn to do what I can to support him and take care him.

Our time together has been great. We challenge each other, we support each other and we energize one another. We both agree......we are so lucky to have found one another and have made the commitment to keep this relationship alive, nurtured and a priority in our lives!

No comments: